Project Management Zimbabwe (PMZ) Membership
PMZ Membership is tailored to match your level of skill and experience. Whether you are just starting your career or have been working in project management for some time, there is a level of membership to suit you. PMZ Membership is valid and renewable annually. There are three membership grades outlined below:
Grade 1: Associate Member- $100.00 (individual), $200.00 (organization)
An Associate member (AKA Fellow) is someone (active/retired) who has an interest in Project Management and supports the objectives of PMZ but does not yet meet the criteria to be a Full MEMBER. They are not allowed a vote at annual elections, the PMZ Annual General Meeting or any Extraordinary General Meeting Associates are expected to demonstrate their commitment to PMZ by signing a Professional Code of Conduct There are no post-nominal for this grade. An Associate Member can be an individual or an organization.
Grade 2: Full Member
A Full Member is a person who possesses the necessary qualifications and industry experience in project management specified by PMZ. There are two classes of full membership
a) Ordinary Member- $100.00 per year
An ordinary member is any individual who has applied for membership and possesses any 4 year Bachelors Degree at NQF 6, PLUS a minimum of 3 years industry / management experience or Advanced level or other Certificate at NQF 4 PLUS a minimum of 5 years approved industry / management experience, and they are studying towards a project management qualification such as CPM, DPM, PGDPM, CM&E, CAPM, PMP, PRINCE2, MSc in Project Management but have not yet qualified. All student members belong to this category. Ordinary Members must demonstrate their commitment to the project management profession by signing the professional code of ethics. They undertake to participate actively in a program of substantial professional career development and to participate in the affairs of PMZ.
b) Professional Member- $200.00 per year
A Professional Member is a Full Member in good standing who has achieved and sustained Professional Status through PMZ`s Professional Membership Registration. Professional Members must possess qualifications aligned with international certification processes, such as the PMP® , PRINCE2, MSc PM or other internationally recognized certifications. Members must demonstrate their commitment to the project management profession by signing the Professional Code of Ethics. Professional members are eligible to vote at annual elections, annual general meetings and extraordinary general meetings and should be available to facilitate PDU earning PMZ training programs or seminars. Professional PMZ members are eligible to use post-nominal Professional Member (PMZ. PrM).
Grade 3: Corporate Membership- $200.00 per year
Corporate membership is reserved for organizations from any industry, small, medium or large as long as they are a formally registered & tax compliant
Corporate members can be private companies, public companies, Parastatals, mines , Government departments with at least 10 employees who are eligible and take up membership benefits regardless of grade. Corporate members demonstrate their commitment to the project management profession by signing the professional code of ethics for their members and professional members and participate actively in PMZ programs and events of sustainable professional career development for their members.
There are two categories of corporate membership;
a) Private & public companies
b) Accredited colleges
The distinct benefits of corporate membership are as follows:
- Your company becomes an associate partner; hence your logo will automatically always feature on all our adverts as an associate partner.
- PMZ membership certificate and card.
- You will be entitled to always bring a banner and corporate brochures at all PMZ functions and events free of charge.
- You are automatically entitled to a discount at all functions and events hosted by Project Management Zimbabwe.
- Opportunity to facilitate presentations and display your project management ability at our PMZ monthly public lecture series.
- You will also be entitled to copies of monthly Project Management journals free of charge.
- At the discretion, of the editor, you are also entitled to contribute, worthy articles in PMZ journals.
- Access to our database for both corporate and individual members.
- Networking platform with other Project Managers.
- Being part of professional body that promotes Project Management excellence and professionalism to the highest level.
- The on-going support of major players in industry and commerce as well as the Zimbabwe government.
- Access to information resources via PMZ Global networks and local library.
- Representation on national PM developments and the Project Management Excellence Awards Program.
- Inter-society agreements with a range of local and international professional bodies.
Individual membership benefits include, among others:
- Inclusion in our employment agency database giving members an opportunity to get jobs from our corporate members
- Networking across all sectors with other Project Management professionals
- Membership card and certificate renewable annually.
- Participating In shaping Project Management in Zimbabwe and Africa.
- Regional branch activities- tangible activities.
- Regular country- wide meetings and workshops.
- Social activities such as golf days
- Access to the PMZ website, which has articles of interest, and up to date news regarding Project Management.
- A voice at the PMZ training seminars.
- Regular publications: PMZ Journals and contributions.
- PMZ branded regalia such as T-shirt, cap, bag.